Jgive is a not for profit project whose primary goals are to encourage charitable donations and to develop a culture of giving in Israel. If you're looking for a cause to donate to, Jgive is here to help you find the right organization for your donation. We're all about making sure that your money goes to a cause that speaks to you. With our database of Israeli charities and non-profits, we're confident that you'll find a charity worthy of your support.
Jgive - A Revolutionary Approach to Donating
- The donation process is made as simple as possible for donors and organizations. The user friendly interface allows donors to quickly fill out tax-return forms, manage their donation portfolio, and find new causes to support.
- Jgive makes it easy to donate to specific projects. These projects allow donors to know exactly what their donation is purchasing. For example, you can donate 50 shekels towards the purchase of a back to school kit for an underprivileged child. Other specific projects include donations for Israeli security forces, assistance to the elderly, programs for at-risk children, and more.
- Of course, it's also possible to donate directly to a specific charity. We've compiled a large index of Israeli non profit organizations and charities, allowing you to donate securely to the cause that speaks to you.
- Finally, Jgive's unique digital platform allows every donor to invite others to their cause using a “donation portfolio", which allows donors to share their donations and favorite causes on social media platforms. Through this feature, your donation can inspire others around the world.
We believe that everyone has the potential to substantially improve Israeli society.
At Jgive, we're trying to create a new cultural reality of charitable giving and mutual responsibility. We believe that we can advance important values and close the gaps in society by encouraging people to donate to causes that are close to their hearts. The connection between the Diaspora and Israel is also a major focus of Jgive. All of our efforts are part of the long term goal of creating a new social reality in Jewish communities worldwide.
In order to make this vision a reality, we're working towards resolving some of the major issues faced by 21st century fundraisers and donors. Here are three ways we're trying to do that:
- Simplicity- Using our digital platform to make donating simpler and more transparent, we want to make charity a larger part of people's personal and social lives.
- Efficiency- Charity needs to be more efficient. By eliminating costly 'brokerage fees' that most other donation sites use, we make sure your entire donation goes to the cause you've chosen to support.
- Verifiability- Through Jgive's crowd reviewed database of charities and NGOs, we'll make sure that only trustworthy organizations can raise money on our site.
Ori Ben-ShlomoFounder and CEO
Ori is a co-founder of the Asor Fund for Encouraging Jewish Philanthropy. His main focus is on on strengthening the relationship between the Diaspora and Israeli communities. Trained as a lawyer, Ori formerly served as legal adviser for Maariv-Makor Rishon Group. In addition to his experience in the private sector, Ori served as a state prosecutor in the Jerusalem District Attorney's Office. Ori has an MA in Crisis Management and Resolution from Hebrew University and an LLB from Ono Academic College.
Yael Cohen MordecaiNGO Relations Manager
Yael has years of experience working with NGOs as part of her career in the high-tech sector. She was the Manager of Community relations for Intel in Jerusalem, where she managed the volunteer activities of 1300 employees in over 40 different organizations. Additionally, Yael was the Global Volunteer Manager for Nice Systems, responsible for 1600 employees and leading programs with program managers in Europe, Asia, and the United States. She also served as the spokeswoman for “Family Friday”, an organization for empowering the family unit, and as media manager for senior citizen's affairs in the Prime Minister's Office. Yael has a BA in Sociology and an MA in Communications from Hebrew University.
Dr. Gali SembiraAdviser for NGO Affairs
Dr. Gali Sembira is an expert in the field of NGO management. Formerly the director of the “Shaharit” Organization, she currently serves as the head of their “120” program. Dr. Sembira formerly served as a professional director at Sheatufim, deputy director of the Oran Foundation, head of the program for girls at risk at the Yaniv program, head of the IDF’s educational development program, and director of a girls boarding school. Gali attended Bar Ilan University and where she earned a master’s degree in organizational psychology and a doctorate in gender studies.
Shlomo PeledOrganizational Consultant
Currently Jgive's organizational consultant, Shlomo served as an army psychologist for the IDF's Paratroopers Brigade, Officer's Training School, and Sayeret Matkal unit. Formerly the deputy commander of a classified army unit, Shlomo served in numerous staff and field roles in the army as well as serving in the Prime Minister's Office. After leaving the public sector, he worked as an organizational adviser for numerous companies including: Bank Leumi, Union Bank, Paz Group, and Cargal Group. Other organizations he has advised include the Finance Ministry, the Ministry of Justice, the Israeli Police, and the Bat Yam city council. A co-founder of two successful start ups, Shlomo also sits on the board of the Tavor Social Leadership Academy. Shlomo has a MA in Organizational Psychology from Bar Ilan University.
Rafael MaimonSocial Media Marketing Adviser
Rafael is the CEO of Undertap which specializes in marketing mobile applications. Formerly the managing director at Panda Systems and CTO at Tmarkets, Rafael now advises start ups in various capacities.
Dan IlouzInternational Relations Manager
Dan is the CEO of Di Consulting, a firm which specializes in project management in the field of government relations. He has experience advising both the private and public sector. His clients include Piramot Law Firm, HLM Law Firm, Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat's campaign staff, the Foreign Ministry, the Knesset, Tavor Technologies, and more. A certified lawyer, Dan served as a legal adviser for the Foreign Ministry. He founded Israel Online, a project to promote hasbara on social networks and publishes a column in the Jerusalem Post. Dan earned a law degree at McGill University in Canada and a Master's Degree in Public Diplomacy from Hebrew University.
In addition to screening every charity, we use three additional measurements to ensure that only legitimate charities are listed on the site:
- Wisdom of the Crowd: Through Jgive's “Donation Portfolio” donors can elect to share the causes they've donated to on social media and recommend organizations to friends. Sharing on social media also allows for users to gauge an organization's reputation and serves as an indicator of trustworthiness.
- Analysis of the charity's financial reports to the Israeli Tax Authority.
- Analysis using other measurements used by the Israeli market to measure NGO effectiveness.
Jgive allows you to donate to causes close to your heart with confidence that 100% of the money donated will reach the organization.
Fundraising today is expensive. In order to reach donors, charities and NGOs need a lot of help from different sources to meet their budgets. They're forced to spend money on outreach, flights abroad, payment to credit card companies, etc. These costs can add up to 20% or more of an charity's budget, significantly affecting their net income.
Jgive's online platform lets organizations raise money directly, which can dramatically lower a charity's operating cost. NGOs and charities can now have access to technological and organizational resources at no cost, allowing them to reach their target audience with greater efficiency. Organizations can also spend less money on advertising, using Jgive to increase their exposure through social media and crowd reviews. The “Donation Portfolio”, a social media tool created by Jgive, allows donors to share their contributions on social media (without publicizing the size of the donation). Donating and sharing on social media allows organizations to reach new potential donors and allows donors to recommend worthwhile causes to their friends.
All money donated through Jgive is transferred to the charities that you chose. Additionally, the credit card fee is considerably lower than what other sites have to pay.
Jgive is managed by the Asor Fund, a non-profit organization and therefore does not charge either the organizations or the donors for any service provided. The operating costs of Jgive are provided by philanthropists who understand the importance of creating a digital platform to strengthen and encourage a giving culture in the 21st century.